A popular, delicious and easy to make South Indian dish. Serve with rice.
Eral (Prawns) – 500 gms, cleaned, deveined
Garlic – 10 to 12 cloves, finely chopped or minced
Black Peppercorns – 30 to 35, coarsely crushed
Curry Leaves – handful
Green Chillies – 6, chopped
Coconut Oil – 1/4 cup
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Transfer the cleaned and washed prawns to a large bowl.
2. Add the cumin powder, turmeric powder and gently toss well.
3. Keep aside for 30 to 60 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Fry the curry leaves for 10 seconds.
6. Add the garlic and green chillies.
7. Stir well.
8. Add the marinated prawns and enough salt.
9. Reduce flame and cover the pan with a lid.
10. Cook for a few minutes until the prawns are cooked.
11. Sprinkle the crushed peppercorns and stir gently.
12. Cook for another minute or two.
13. Remove and serve.
image via YouTube