Vallarai Keerai (or Brahmi Leaves) is a popular medicinal plant with numerous healthy benefits. It acts as a blood purifier, strengthens the immunity, relieves stress and anxiety, helps to improve concentration, improves memory, strenghthens liver and many more. Popular amongst ayurvedic treatment, it is quite commonly used in villages and must have in your diet.
Vallarai Keerai – 2 cups, cleaned, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2
Dosa Batter – 2 cups
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine and grind the vallarai keerai, green chillies, cumin seeds and salt.
2. Add this to the dosa batter and mix well.
3. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Heat a flat tawa over medium flame.
5. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
6. Apply little oil around the edges.
7. Cook on both sides and remove from flame.
8. Serve with a choice of chutney and sambar.