A mouth-watering Kerala style chicken roast with chicken cooked in a spicy masala. Serve with rice or as a side dish to roti, naan or paratha.
Chicken – 250 gms, boneless, skinless, chopped
Onion – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful
Mint Leaves – handful
Curry Leaves – few
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Red Chilli Powde – 1 1/2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – little
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
3. Saute for a few minutes or until the onions turn golden brown.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir-fry for a minute.
5. Add tomatoes, green chillies, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt.
6. Stir to mix well.
7. Add the chicken pieces and red chilli powder.
8. Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water.
9. Adjust salt if needed.
10. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is well coated with the masala and cooked and the water has evaporated fully.
11. Stir well and remove from flame.