A simple, easy and delicious snack that kids would love. Serve this as a breakfast dish or as an afterschool/evening snack.
Idli – 10 to 12 (or 25 to 30 Mini Idlis)
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Gingelly Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
1. Chop the idlis into small pieces. If you are using mini idlis, then skip this step.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the tempering ingredients and fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add onions and saute for a minute or two.
5. Add the tomaotes and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add red chilli powder and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Pour 1/2 cup of water and cook until the masala thickens.
9. Keep stirring from time to time.
10. Add the idli pieces and stir gently.
11. Remove and serve at once.