Shrimp Kebab or Jhinga Kebab is a popular Middle-Eastern dish and is typically made with shrimp, onion, pepper, parsley and garlic.
The mixture is then placed on a metal skewer (or alternately wooden skewer) and can be grilled or cooked over an open flame. Shrimp Kebabs are commonly served as an appetizer or side dish to the main meal.
It is quick to make and is a restaurant favorite dish.
Shrimp Kebab (Jhinga Kebab) Recipe
Ingredients for Shrimp Kebab (Jhinga Kebab)
- 6 to 8 Jumbo Shrimps with tails intact
- 3 tsp Oil
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 to 6 Wooden Skewers soaked in water
For the marinade:
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp Oil - 1 to 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 3 tsp Plain Yogurt
- as per taste Salt
How to make Shrimp Kebab (Jhinga Kebab)
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the shrimps and mix well.
- Make sure both sides of the shrimp are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Heat a grill pan or grill over medium flame.
- Thread the marinated shrimps onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers on top of the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once or twice until cooked.
- Remove and serve with a dipping sauce of choice.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Cook the shrimps until pink and opaque and they curl up, turning once or twice, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and sprinkle lime juice evenly on top.
- Thread the shrimps on the skewers before serving.