Fruit Chaat is an Indian dish that is more popular in Northern India, especially in the region of Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
A chaat is a savory Indian dish that is usually served as a street-food snack and typically includes a combination of fried, baked or boiled potatoes; roasted chickpea flour (besan); vegetables, spice powders, yogurt; and tamarind water. The chaat recipe may be topped with sev or papadum.
The name “fruit chaat” comes from the Hindi word “chat”, which means to eat or to snack on something between meals. The fruit chaat can be served as an appetizer, a light meal, or as an after-meal dessert.
The ingredients are usually assorted fruits, boiled potatoes, boiled chickpeas, lemon juice, salt and other ingredients that are sometimes added include mangoes and pomegranate seeds.
Fruit Chaat Recipe
Ingredients for Fruit Chaat
- 1 cup Grapes halved
- 1 Orange peeled and segmented
- 1/2 Mango peeled and diced
- 1 cup Pineapple diced
- 4 to 5 tsp Lime Juice - 1 1/2 tblsp
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- 1 to 2 tbsp Mint Leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
How to make Fruit Chaat
- Combine the fruits in a large bowl..
- Add chaat masala powder, black pepper powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix gently.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves.
- Serve at once.
i love fruit chaat
not so good & not so poor
I tryed it!!! It tastes fantastic!!! BUt can do much better!!! ok!! Please i need a gud recipe…
It’s a good one!!! But can do much better!!!