Ingredients for Mango Mint Chutney:
2 Raw mangoes
Mint leaves – 50g
Scraped coconut – 4tbsp
Green chillies – 3 or 4
Bombay onion – 1
Salt to taste
Mustard – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 tsp
Method to make Mango Mint Chutney:
1. Skin the mangoes. Wash and grate in a grater.
2. Clean and wash the mint leaves.
3. Grind together grated mangoes, mint leaves, chillies and coconut into a fine chutney.
4. Cut the bombay onions finely and add to the chutney. Add sugar
5. Keep a pan on fire and heat the oil.
6. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds.
7. When the mustard splutters add the chutney and mix well.
8. Add a little water to make a fine paste.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Remove from fire.
This chutney goes well with any rice.