Vegetable Fried Rice is a simple, delicious and flavourful dish across the country. This popular Indo-Chinese recipe is often served as a lunch or a dinner option. And features in the menu of many parties or occasions as well.
Basmati Rice – 500 gms
Onions – 2, big, chopped
Spring Onions – 100 gms
Mixed Vegetables – 500 gms (beans, capsicum, cabbage, carrots, green peas)
Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp (adjust as required)
Salt as per taste
Oil – 5 to 6 tsp
1. Pressure cook the basmati rice and keep aside to cool.
2. Ensure the grains are easily separated and not sticky.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add the onions, ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute or two.
5. Add the mixed vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6. Add soy sauce, pepper powder and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. When the vegetables are cooked, add the rice and mix well.
9. Garnish with spring onions.
10. Serve at once with sauce or side dish of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !