3 slices bread
1 tsp salt
1 tsp lime juice
2 green chillies, chopped
1 inch piece ginger, chopped
1 1/2 cups shelled green peas, fresh or frozen
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp mango powder (amchoor)
refined oil for deep frying
1. Boil potatoes. Peel and mash while still hot.
2. Soak bread in water. Squeeze our moisture and mix with potatoes.
3. Add salt and lime juice.
4. Grind green chillies and ginger together.
5. Crush the green peas.
6. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onions until light brown.
7. Mix in the ground green chillies and ginger.
8. Add green peas and cook until tender.
9. Stir in coriander leaves, garam masala and mango powder.
10. Divide the potato mixture into equal portions.
11. Shape the potato mixture into cups and stuff with green pea filling.
12. Bing the edges together and shape into round patties.
13. Deep fry patties in batches until crisp and brown.