A simple, homemade broccoli pasta with no cheese. Kids would love this tasty treat and is ideal as an after-school munch or dinner.
Pasta – 1 cup (any variety), cooked as per packet instructions
Broccoli – 1 cup, finely chopped
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree (or Sauce) – 1 tblsp (optional)
Red Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped (optional)
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add onions, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir well.
3. Saute for a minute.
4. Add the chopped broccoli pieces and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce, stir well and cook for a minute more.
6. Add the pasta and salt.
7. Stir well.
8. When all the ingredients are evenly combined, remove from flame.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve warm.
For a creamier version, check this recipe
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !