Kathi Rolls are a popular fast food (street food) that is well suited for a quick lunch or dinner. With origins tracing back to Kolkata, there are numerous variations available with different fillings and bread. Try this delicious and easy to make kathi roll at home with this simple recipe.
Broccoli – 1, medium
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1, finely chopped
Potato – 1, large, boiled, peeled and mashed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 3/4 tsp
Rotis as required (leftover or made fresh)
Coriander Leaves – little, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Carrot – 1, small, sliced into matchsticks
1. Heat a pan of slightly salted water over medium flame.
2. When it starts to boil add the broccoli.
3. Remove after a minute and cool.
4. Once cooled, separate the florets.
5. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
6. Fry the cumin seeds for 15 seconds.
7. Add the onions, tomatoes, capsicums and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste and stir well.
9. Add the mashed potatoes and broccoli florets.
10. Stir-fry for another minute. Garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Switch off the flame.
12. Warm up the rotis and place them on a flat surface.
13. Add 2 to 3 tsp of the broccoli mixture in one corner and roll tightly.
14. Cut it into half if required.
15. Serve at once with mint chutney.