Kadai Chicken is a popular dish in many restaurants. Chicken pieces cooked in a red gravy with spices and green capsicum. Best served as a side dish with rice, biryani, pulao, roti or naan.
Chicken – 1 kg, finely chopped, skinless
Onions – 1, finely chopped
Capsicum – 2 cups, chopped
Tomato – 1, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 to 4 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Kadai Gravy – 1/4 cup + 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
For the Gravy:
Oil – 100 ml
Onions – 10, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 10, finely chopped, pureed
Red Chilli Powder – 3 to 4 tblsp (adjust as desired)
Coriander Powder – 1/3 to 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 3 to 4 tblsp
Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
Cloves – 4
Cardamoms – 4
Cumin Seeds – little
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
For the Masala Powder:
Coriander Seeds – 100 gms
Dry Red Chillies – 8 to 10 (adjust as desired)
Cumin Seeds – 2 tblsp
1. To make the gravy, heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the onions and little salt.
3. Saute until onions turn light brown.
4. Pour 5 to 6 cups of water.
5. Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and stir well.
6. Simmer for a few minutes.
7. When it starts to bubble, add the tomato puree and stir.
8. Cook for 10 minutes.
9. When the oil starts to separate, switch off the flame and keep aside until required.
10. Dry roast all the ingredients for the masala powder and grind to a fine powder.
11. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
12. Add the tempering ingredients and fry for a minute.
13. Add the onions and saute until golden.
14. Add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes.
15. Stir well and cook for a minute or two.
16. Add the chicken pieces and add enough salt.
17. Mix well.
18. After 5 to 10 minutes, add the gravy masala and pour 2 cups of water.
19. Stir well and add the capsicum pieces.
20. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and cumin powder.
21. Stir to mix well and simmer for a few minutes.
22. When the chicken is cooked, add 2 tsp of the masala powder and stir well for 5 minutes.
23. Remove from flame and transfer to a serving dish.
24. Garnish with coriander leaves.
25. Serve with rice, roti or naan.
i like this recepie i m giving rating 4
awesome chicken recipe….
my first experiment with chicken n its rocking……
when do u we cumin seeds?
okay, i actually just took the recipe.
let me try it…
sounds like its good tho~
like ur recipe………..
when do we add curd and cumin seeds?????????????
what needs to be done with curd and cumin seeds??????????????
thankhs…lt ls too good.
Very nice receipe
try it out …u wl love it
i know this.But,this is same as all chicken curry varities
special em ledu. normal curry laane vundi
its really gud
If you need a gravy chicken then add milk or curd but remeber to stir continusly while adding it….
would there be addition of bell peppers.
Would there be addition of bellpeppers.
Would there be an addition of Bell peppers
fast to cook good to eat
Tried this recipe. Its awesome ;)
desi masala nawabi swad