Light, delicious and easy to make curry with Chicken and Sweet Potatoes. Best served with rice for lunch or dinner.
Chicken Breast – 250 gms, skinless, boneless, chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Curry Powder – 1 tblsp, mixed with 1 tblsp water
Sweet Potatoes – 200 gms, peeled, chopped
Masoor Dal – 50 gms, washed, rinsed
Tomatoes – 200 gms, chopped
Brinjal – 1, sliced (optional)
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Cook the chickens for a minute or two or until golden.
3. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
4. Add some more oil to the pan.
5. Saute the onions for a minute and add the curry paste.
6. Add the masoor dal, sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
7. Pour 200 to 250 ml of water.
8. Bring to a boil, reduce flame and cover with a lid.
9. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
10. Add the chicken, brinjals and cook for another 5 minutes.
11. Sprinkle pepper powder, salt and stir well.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve with rice.