Shrimp Lo Mein is a popular Chinese dish made with a generous serving of vegetables and shrimps. This recipe is simple to make and is very delicious, perfect for week night dinners or even for work lunches. It is also a popular Chinese restaurant take out dish and this recipe of Shrimp Lo Mein tastes as good as any restaurant version.
Shrimp Lo Mein Recipe
Ingredients for Shrimp Lo Mein
- 12 to 15 Shrimps peeled, deveined
- 125 gms Chow Mein Noodles cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 Small Carrot sliced
- 1/2 cup Green Peas shelled
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms – 2 cups chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 100 gms Chinese Cabbage chopped
- 1 tblsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tblsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tblsp Vegetable Oil
How to make Shrimp Lo Mein
- Mix the sesame oil, oyster sauce and corn flour in a large pot.
- Pour the chicken stock and stir well.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the shrimps and saute until pink and opaque.
- Remove and transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot, peas and garlic.
- Stir-fry for a minute or two.
- Add the cabbage and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock mixture, shrimps and noodles.
- Stir gently until the sauce has thickened and noodles are coated evenly.