A quick and delicious weekday lunch or dinner, this Thai Shrimp Curry with yellow curry paste and shrimps is full of flavour and best served with hot, steaming rice.
Shrimps – 500 gms, peeled
Thai Yellow Curry Paste – 3 tsp (available in supermarkets or recipe here)
Coconut Milk – 1 cup, thick
Thai Fish Sauce – 1/2 tblsp
Sugar – 1/2 tblsp
Red Capsicum – 1, small or 1/2 medium, chopped
Tomatoes – 2 to 3, small size, chopped
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Heat a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the yellow curry paste and coconut milk.
3. Mix well and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce flame and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the fish sauce, salt and sugar.
6. Stir and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes more.
7. Add the shrimps, capsicum and tomatoes.
8. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes or until the shrimps are tender.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve with rice.