A classic Chinese chicken dish with stir-fried capsicum and pineapple. Great for a weekend dinner or sunday brunch.
Chicken Breast Fillets – 250 gms, skinless, boneless, sliced
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
Onion – 1, chopped
Carrot – 1, chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lime
Capsicum – 1, chopped, seeds removed
Plum Sauce – 2 to 3 tblsp
Pineapple – 1/2 cup, chopped
Pineapple Juice – 3 to 4 tblsp (adjust as desired)
Spring Onions (or Coriander Leaves) – small handful, chopped, to garnish
1. Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
2. Add the onions and chicken.
3. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden.
4. Add the carrots and capsicums.
5. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Add the plum sauce, lime juice, pineapple juice and chopped pineapples.
7. Stir well and cook for a minute.
8. Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
9. Garnish with spring onions.
10. Serve hot with warm cooked rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !