This is an eggless omelette made using mushrooms and different flours.
Gram Flour – 2 cups
Wheat Flour – 2 tblsp
Rice Flour – 2 tblsp
Roasted Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
Button Mushrooms – 10 to 12, finely chopped
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 to 2 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine the gram flour, wheat flour, rice flour, roasted gram flour, mushrooms, ginger garlic paste, onions, pepper powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Add enough water and mix to a idli batter consistency.
3. Heat a little oil in a tawa over medium flame.
4. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
5. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides for a minute or two.
6. Remove and serve at once.
Note: For a regular egg variation, break 2 large eggs at step 1 and omit the flours.
Image above is the egg variation.