A simple and delicious pizza that can be served for lunch or dinner.
Pizza Base – 1 (available readymade or use this pizza dough recipe)
Onion – 1, big, finely chopped
Spinach – 1/2 bunch (or 1 small bunch), cleaned, washed, chopped
Parsley – 1/2 cup, finely chopped + extra to garnish
Cheddar Cheese – 1/4 cup, grated
Red Chilli Flakes – as per taste + extra to garnish
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – 3 tsp
Pepper Powder as per taste
Salt – a small pinch (optional)
Tomato Sauce or Pizza Sauce to spread
Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, chopped (or use sun-dried tomatoes)
Mushrooms – 1/4 cup, chopped
1. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions until golden.
3. Add the spinach and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until all moisture has evaporated and the leaves are wilted.
4. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
5. Add parsley and mix well.
6. Sprinkle pepper powder, cumin seeds, salt and red chilli flakes.
7. Add 2 to 3 tsp of the tomato sauce on the pizza base and spread evenly.
8. Place 2 to 3 tblsp of the spinach mixture and spread well.
9. Sprinkle cheese on top.
10. Place the pizza into a preheated oven at 220C/450F and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
11. Remove and keep it aside to cool.
12. Garnish with parsley and red chilli flakes.
13. Cut into slices and serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !