A delicious, moist cupcakes with butter icing and coconut.
Butter – 350 gms, softened
Caster Sugar – 300 gms
Eggs – 4, medium
Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
Cake Flour – 450 gms
Baking Powder – 4 tsp
Yogurt – 1 cup
Coconut – 350 gms, desiccated + some more grated for garnish
Muffin Tin lined with paper cups
For the topping:
Butter – 200 gms, soft
Icing Sugar – 450 gms
Lemon Juice – 1/4 cup
1. Mix the butter and caster sugar in a bowl.
2. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla essence.
4. Add the cake mix and baking powder.
5. Add yogurt and mix well.
6. Add the desiccate coconut and mix again.
7. Add the mixture to the muffin tin and place it in a preheated oven at 180C.
8. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden and cooked.
9. Remove and cool.
10. For the topping, beat the butter until fluffy.
11. Add the lemon juice and icing sugar.
12. Whisk well and spoon over the topping onto each cake.
13. Sprinkle some of the grated coconut.
14. Keep aside to set.