Toor Dal – 2 tblsp, cooked
Vendhaya Keerai (Methi/Fenugreek) – 2 tblsp, cleaned, washed, chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour – 1 tsp, mixed with little water
Sambar Powder – 2 tsp
Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Dry Red Chilli – 1
Mustard Seeds – 1
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
1. Add the tamarind extract to a pan over medium flame.
2. Add salt, turmeric powder, sambar powder and mix well.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Heat little oil in a frying pan.
5. Saute the keerai for a minute or two and add to the pan.
6. Bring to a boil again.
7. Add dal, coconut and rice flour mixture.
8. Stir well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Fry the tempering ingredients in little oil and add to the pan.
10. Serve hot.