Minced Mutton – 1 1/2 kgs
Basmati Rice – 1 kg
Onions – 6, chopped
Tomatoes – 6, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 100 gms
Mint Leaves – 1 bunch
Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
Curd – 1 cup
Cinnamon – 2
Bay Leaf – 2
Cloves – 2
Green Chillies – 4
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Coriander Powder – 4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Cook the rice till 3/4ths done and keep aside to cool.
2. Heat a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the minced mutton, onions, tomatoes, turmeric powder, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp coriander powder, little oil, coriander leaves, mint leaves and salt.
4. Add curd and Mix well.
5. Powder the cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves. Add to the pan.
6. Simmer till the moisture has evaporated completely.
7. Remove and stir well.
8. Add half of the rice to a heavybottomed pan and spread well.
9. Add the mutton mixture on top and top up with the remaining rice.
10. Garnish with mint leaves and coriander leaves.
11. Place it over low flame and cover with a tightfitting lid.
12. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
13. When the rice is cooked, remove from flame.
14. Gently mix well.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.