Pineapple – 1/2 (about 250 to 300 gms after chopped), peeled, chopped
Pears – 2, 250 to 300 gms, peeled, cored, chopped
Cider Vinegar – 300 ml
Brown Sugar – 250 gms
Ginger – 1/2 tblsp, grated
White Onion – 1 small or 1/2 medium, grated
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch stick
Cloves – 3/4 tsp, ground
Star Anise – 1
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Sea Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp or as per taste
1. Heat a large pan over medium flame.
2. Add all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce flame and simmer until thickened, stirring from time to time, for about 30 to 45 minutes.
4. When it starts to resemble a jam, remove and pour into a clean, sterilized bottle.
5. Store until required.
6. Keep it in the fridge once opened.
Tip: If using unsterilized bottle, keep the chutney in the fridge once it has cooled to room temperature.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !