Onion Pakoda is a mouth watering South Indian evening snack. Simple and easy to make, they are also served as a starter.
Gram Flour – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Onions – 2 cups, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 5 to 6, finely chopped
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger – 2 tsp, grated
Garlic – 6 to 10 cloves, chopped (depending on size) (optional)
Curry Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Mix the gram flour, rice flour, salt, asafoetida powder, onions, green chillies and ginger in a large bowl.
2. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of warm oil and mix well.
4. Sprinkle a little water and mix again.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
6. Drop small portions of the dough and fry until light golden brown.
7. Drain excess oil and transfer to a large bowl.
8. In a small frying pan, fry the curry leaves and garlic.
9. Add to the pakoda and toss well to mix.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !