Cake seeds – 1 tbsp
Coconut – 1/2 (for milk)
Maida – 1/2 kg
Sugar as per taste
Eggs – 6
Oil for deep frying
Salt – a pinch
1. Scrape and extract the milk from the coconut.
2. Whisk the eggs well. Keep aside.
3. Sieve the maida. Take it in a bowl. Add the whipped eggs. Combine salt, sugar and cake seeds. Keep adding a little coconut milk so as to make a fine smooth batter as is needed for making dosas. Keep aside.
4. Pour the oil in a kadai. Heat it. Next put the mould in the oil. Keep it immersed till it gets very hot. Remove mould from the oil. Dip the mould lightly half way into the batter. Replace mould into the oil. Pause for a second. Then shake the mould slowly. The cookie will leave the mould.
5. Saute the cookie on both sides. Wait till it turns golden brown. Remove from oil. Drain excess oil. Let it cool. Make more cookies with the remaining batter.
6. Store the cookies in an air-tight container.
Tip: You may use chilli powder, jeera seeds, a pinch of white pepper powder and salt instead of sugar.