1 cup: wheat flour
Salt to taste
Ghee or oil
Water for kneading
1. Take atta in a basin.
2. Add ghee or oil and salt to taste.
3. Add water gradually and knead to a smooth dough.
4. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
5. Shape each portion a rope of 12″ in length.
6. Place the rope-shaped dough on a flat surface.
7. Coat the inner side of the rope with ghee or oil.
8. Coil into a round (jalebi) shape so that the oil-smeared surface forms the inside of every circle.
9. Flatten the round-shaped coil and roll out the parathas into a round,5″ diameter. 10. Place it on a pre-heated tava.
11. Cook for a few seconds till slightly roasted. Then turn it over and let it roast.
12. Now, smear the top surface with ghee as well as the sides.
13. Allow to cook for a few seconds before turning it over again.
14. Repeat process of smearing ghee until the paratha is golden brown on both sides. 15. Serve hot.
Punjabi Lachha Paratha Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Punjabi Lachha Paratha from Awesome Cuisine.