Aloo Tikki is a very popular fast food/street food snack in India. Made with mashed potatoes and spices, they are often served on its own with chutney or sauce or made into a chaat with chickpeas. Best served as a tea time or evening snack.
Potatoes – 4
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4 to 5
Coriander Leaves – handful
Mint Leaves – handful
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes well.
2. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add the onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Shape the mixture into small lemon sized balls and flatten them.
6. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
7. Cook the prepared tikkis on both sides, applying oil around the edges, until golden brown.
8. You can also deep fry the tikkis if preferred.
9. Remove and serve with chutney or sauce. average rating 4.5/5 - 16 user ratings