Jackfruits – 10, seeds removed
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder (or Black Pepper Powder) as per taste
Oil as required
1. Mix the turmeric powder and little salt in a bowl.
2. Add a little water and stir well.
3. Slice the jackfruits lengthwise and transfer to a bowl.
4. Add the turmeric powder mixture and mix.
5. Spread this on a clean cloth for 10 to 15 minutes or until the moisture has evaporated.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Add the jackfruits to the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Sprinkle little salt and red chilli powder.
9. Toss well and store it in an airtight container.
10. Serve as a snack or as a side dish to rice items.