Flour – 2 1/4 cup
Fresh Herbs – 1 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 tblsp
Milk – 1 1/2 cup
Eggs – 3
Salt – 1 pinch
For the Filling:
Spinach – 450 gms
Ricotta Cheese – 1 1/2 cup
SUn-dried Tomatoes in Oil – 5, chopped
Fresh Basil – 2 tblsp
Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tsp
Eggs – 4
Salt and Pepper as per taste
1. To make the crepes, place the herbs and oil in a food processor and blend till smooth.
2. Add the milk, eggs, flour and salt and process again.
3. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a small frying pan and add a ladleful of batter.
5. Swirl around to cover the base.
6. Cook for two minutes and turn and cook for 2 minutes more.
7. Prepare the crepes in this way.
8. For the sauce, Fry the onions, tomatoes and garlic in oil till translucent.
9. Add the salt and brown sugar.
10. Stir and allow to cool.
11. Blend in a mixer and strain through a strainer.
12. To prepare the filling, Mix the spinach with the cheese, tomatoes and basil.
13. Season with the spices.
14. Whisk the eggs and mix into the mixture.
15. Place one crepe at a time on a lightly oiled baking sheet, add a spoonful for filling and fold into quarters.
16. Fill all the crepes in this way.
17. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the filling is set.
18. Top with tomato ketchup and serve.