Button Mushrooms – 100 gms
Butter – 2 tblsp
Green Capsicum – 1 small
Eggs – 3
Milk – 150 ml
Soft Breadcrumbs – 1/4 cup
Paneer – 400 gms
Salt – 3/4 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, freshly ground
Prepared Mustard – 1 tsp
1. Wash the mushrooms and chop them.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan over low heat.
3. Saute the mushrooms lightly until the water released by them has evaporated.
4. Drain the mushrooms and spread them in a greased baking dish.
5. Cut the capsicum in half.
6. Remove and discard the inner pith and seeds.
7. Cut the capsicum into narrow strips.
8. Place the capsicums in a pan with cold water over high heat.
9. Bring to the boil and remove from heat immediately.
10. Drain off the water and place under running cold water until cook.
11. Reserve a few pieces of capsicum for garnish and chop the rest roughly.
12. Spread the chopped capsicum over the mushrooms in a baking dish.
13. Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
14. Warm the milk and beat the eggs into the milk.
15. Pour the milk mixture over the breadcrumbs in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
16. Chop the paneer and add it to the breadcrumb mixture along with the salt, pepper and mustard.
17. Spread the mixture over the capsicums in the baking dish.
18. Garnish with the reserved strips of capsicum and set aside until serving time.
19. Set the oven temperature to 175C.
20. Place the casserole in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
21. Serve the casserole with coleslaw and fresh bread rolls.