Chicken Drumsticks – 900 gms
For the Marinade:
Ginger Garlic Paste – 5 tbsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
White Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Dry Fenugreek Powder – 1 tsp
Vinegar – 4 tsp
Green Coriander – 2 cups, chopped
Green Cardamom Powder – 2 tsp
Refined Oil – 4 tbsp
Gram Flour – 3 cups
Eggs – 4, whisked
Cream – 1 cup
Butter for basting
1. Wash and clean the chicken drumsticks.
2. Remove the thigh bone from the flesh. Do not remove it completely.
3. For the Marinade, mix all the ingredients together and rub into the chicken.
4. Marinate for 20 minutes.
5. Heat the oil in a pan, add gram flour and stir fry on low heat till a pleasing aroma emanates. 6. Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl to cool.
7. Add 1 egg and blend to make a smooth paste.
8. Add cream and mix well.
9. Add the remaining eggs to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
10. Coat these chicken drumsticks with this marinade and keep aside for 20 minutes.
11. Skewer the drumsticks once along the bone and once through the thigh flesh.
12. Cook in a tandoor for about 8-10 minutes or till slightly coloured.
13. Remove and let excess marinade drip off.
14. Baste lightly with butter and roast again for 2-3 minutes or till completely done.
15. Remove from skewers onto a serving platter.
16. Serve hot garnished with lemon wedges, cucumber and tomato dices, and onion rings.
Neza Kebab Recipe