Samai is a popular and healthy millet rich in nutrients such as iron, fiber, minerals and calcium. This dosa made with this nutritious millet is not only healthy but also equally tasty as the regular version.
Samai (Little Millet) Rice – 1 cup
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
Poha (Aval / Beaten Rice) – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak together the samai rice, urad dal, poha and fenugreek seeds for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Then grind them to a smooth batter.
3. Keep aside for 8 hours for the batter to ferment.
4. Add salt and mix well.
5. Heat a non-stick tawa over medium flame.
6. Pour a ladleful of batter and spread evenly.
7. Cook until golden brown on both sides and remove.
8. Serve with chutney and sambar of choice.