A simple, easy and delicious snack that kids would love. Serve this as a breakfast dish or as an afterschool/evening snack.
Gingelly Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
1. Chop the idlis into small pieces. If you are using mini idlis, then skip this step.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the tempering ingredients and fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add onions and saute for a minute or two.
5. Add the tomaotes and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add red chilli powder and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Pour 1/2 cup of water and cook until the masala thickens.
9. Keep stirring from time to time.
10. Add the idli pieces and stir gently.
11. Remove and serve at once.Masala Idli,