A quick and easy to make soup that warms you up.
Mushrooms – 200 gms, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 8 to 10, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Mint Leaves – few, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Black Pepper Powder – as required
Butter – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Water – 2 cups (adjust as required)
1. Heat butter in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions for a minute or two.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, coriander leaves, mint leaves and mushrooms.
4. Stir well and cook for a minute.
5. Add the tomatoes and pour enough water.
6. Simmer and bring to a boil.
7. Just before removing from flame, sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
8. Pour into small bowls and serve at once.