Semiya (Vermicelli) – 1 cup, roasted and crushed
Rava – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the peppercorns, cumin seeds and 1 tsp bengal gram dal.
2. Then grind to a fine powder.
3. Heat little oil in a pan.
4. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, bengal gram dal and curry leaves.
5. Pour 2 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
6. Add salt, coconut, rava, semiya and ground powder.
7. Simmer for a few minutes.
8. Remove and cool.
9. Then shape them into kozhukattais and steam cook for 10 minutes.
Semiya (Vermicelli) Kozhukattai Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Semiya (Vermicelli) Kozhukattai Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.