Semiya (Vermicelli) – 1 cup, roasted and crushed
Rava – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the peppercorns, cumin seeds and 1 tsp bengal gram dal.
2. Then grind to a fine powder.
3. Heat little oil in a pan.
4. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, bengal gram dal and curry leaves.
5. Pour 2 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
6. Add salt, coconut, rava, semiya and ground powder.
7. Simmer for a few minutes.
8. Remove and cool.
9. Then shape them into kozhukattais and steam cook for 10 minutes.
Semiya (Vermicelli) Kozhukattai Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Semiya (Vermicelli) Kozhukattai Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.