Panam Kizhangu Flour – 500 gms
Jaggery – 250 gms
Water as required
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Cardamom – 1 tsp, powdered
1. To make the panam kizhangu flour, boil and finely chop the panam kizhangu. Remove the fibres and dry it under the sun. Then grind to a lumpfree flour.
2. Boil the jaggery in a pan of water.
3. Add the panam kizhangu flour and stir until thickened.
4. Add coconut and cardamom powder.
5. Mix well and remove.
6. Keep aside to cool and shape into kozhukattais.
7. Steam cook the kozhukattais for 10 minutes.
Tip: Panam Kizhangu is sprouts of Asian Palmyra palm.