Moong Dal Kozhukattai is a very popular Kozhukattai variety in South India especially in Tamil Nadu.
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Water – As Required
- Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
- Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Take a bowl, add the rice flour and salt together.
- Add hot water gradually and knead them to a dough.
- Apply sesame oil around and cover it for a while.
- Soak the moong dal in water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Pressure cook with little water for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Mash them completely without any water.
- Let it cool down.
- Take a mixer jar, add the moong dal, jaggery, cardamom powder, and just pulse it.
- Do not run them for long.
- If the mixture is watery, heat a pan under medium flame.
- Add this mixture and saute it until the water is absorbed.
- Remove from fire and cool down.
- Grease your palm with sesame oil, and make small cup shape using the rice flour mixture.
- Place the pooranam (stuffing) inside the ball and seal them carefully.
- Take a streamer, and place the prepared Kozhakattai’s inside and steam cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve them hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !