Idli Rice – 2 cups
Onions – 1 cup, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Coconut – 1/2 cup, chopped
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the rice for 2 hours and grind to a smooth batter.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Fry the mustard seeds, dals and coriander leaves for a minute or until the dals turn golden.
4. Add the onions and green chillies.
5. Saute well for 2 minutes.
6. Add the ground batter, coconut and salt.
7. Mix well and simmer for a minute.
8. Remove and cool.
9. Shape the cooled mixture to kozhukattais and steam cook until done.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !