Maida – 2 cups
Ghee – 2 tsp
Salt – a pinch
For the filling:
Roasted Gram – 1 cup
Dry Dessicated Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Sugar – 1 cup
Elaichi Powder – 1 tsp
Gasa Gasa – 2 tsp
Cashewnuts – 2 tsp, finely chopped
Oil as required
1. Mix maida, ghee, salt with little water and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Separately fry the roasted gram and gasa gasa.
3. Combine together with grated coconut and grind to a fine powder.
4. Add sugar, cashewnuts, elaichi powder and mix well.
5. Pinch small balls of the dough and flatten it on a greased plate or on a banana leaf.
6. Add a little bit of the filling in the centre and close it.
7. Seal the edges using a little water.
8. Heat oil in a pan.
9. Add the prepared somasis and fry till golden.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
image credit: dosaikal