White Pumpkin – 1 cup, chopped
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Bengal Gram – 2 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Mochai Kottai – 1/4 cup, boiled
Toor Dal – 1/4 cup, boiled
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the tamarind extract with little salt and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the coriander seeds, dry chillies, bengal gram and coconut.
4. Stir-fry for a minute and grind them in a mixie.
5. Pour the tamarind extract to the pan along with the ground paste.
6. Add the pumpkin pieces and bring to a boil.
7. Once the pumpkin pieces have become tender, add the mochai kottai, toor dal and bring to a boil again.
8. Simmer for a minute and remove from flame.
9. Heat little oil in a small frying pan.
10. Fryt he mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
11. Pour this over the rasavangi and stir.
12. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !