Parboiled Rice – 1/2 cup
Oats – 1/2 cup
Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Onions – 3, finely chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Coconut – 1 tblsp, grated
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine the dals and soak them for 2 hours.
2. Soak the rice separately for 2 hours and oats for 30 minutes.
3. Grind the dals, rice, oats, dry chillies and salt together to a coarse batter.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Saute the onions and curry leaves.
6. Add the coconut and stir well.
7. Add this to the batter and mix well.
8. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
9. Pour a ladleful of the batter and cook till golden on both sides.
10. Serve hot with chutney of choice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.