Shrimp – 350 gms, large, split, deveined with shell intact
Caramel Sauce – 1 1/2 tblsp
Fish Sauce – 1 tblsp
Small Onion – 1, peeled, finely chopped
Garlic – 1, small clove, minced
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, minced
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Spring onions – 1, finely sliced
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a pan over moderate flame.
2. Add the shrimp, caramel sauce, fish sauce, small onion, garlic, ginger, pepper powder and salt.
3. Bring the pan to a boil and reduce flame.
4. Stir well and half cover the pan.
5. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6. Remove the lid and cook for another 4 minutes.
7. Add a little water if required.
8. Once the sauce is thick and the shrimps are well coated.
9. Remove the pan from the heat.
10. Add the spring onions and oil.
11. Serve hot with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !