Tandoori Chicken is a popular subcontinent dish where the chicken is marinated overnight in a spicy yogurt marinade and grilled or roasted.
Chicken Breasts – 750 gms, cut into bite sized pieces
Green Chillies – 2 tsp, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Butter as required
Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
For the Marinade:
Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
Garlic – 2 tsp, finely chopped or crushed
Ginger – 2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 to 3 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
1. Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix the green chillies, red chilli powder, lemon juice and salt.
3. Rub this all over the chicken and keep the chicken pieces in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade bowl and mix until well coated with the marinade.
5. Keep aside for 6 to 8 hours.
6. Place the marinated chicken on a grill rack over a baking tray and baste with butter.
7. Place it in a preheated oven at 230C/450F and grill or roast for 15 minutes or until the chicken pieces are cooked and browned.
8. Remove and keep aside to cool.
9. Sprinkle the chaat masala powder and garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve with onion rings, lemon wedges, salad and mint coriander chutney.