- Celeriac – 450 gms, peeled and grated
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- White Crabmeat – 250 gms, picked over
- Fresh Dill – chopped, to garnish
For the Remoulade Dressing:
- Mayonnaise – 150 ml
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tblsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 1 1/2 tsp
- Capers in Brine – 2 tblsp, well rinsed
- Salt and White Pepper
- To make the remoulade dressing, put the mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Beat in the mustard, vinegar and capers.
- Add salt and white pepper.
- Cover and chill until required.
- The mixture should be piquant with a strong mustard flavour.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil.
- Peel the celeriac and cut into quarters, then grate it.
- Add the grated celeriac and lemon juice to the water and blanch for 2 minutes until it is just slightly tender.
- Rinse the celeriac well, then put it under cold running water to stop the cooking.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture, then pat the celeriac dry.
- Stir the celeriac into the dressing along with the crabmeat.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, spoon into bowls and sprinkle with dill.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !