- Green Beans – 450 gms
- Small Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese – 4 tblsp, freshly chopped
- Walnuts or Almonds – 2 tblsp, chopped, to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 6 tblsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Tarragon – 2 tsp, chopped
- Top and tail the beans and leave them whole.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes in salted boiling water.
- Drain well.
- Run under the cold tap to refresh and drain again.
- Put into a mixing bowl and add the onion, garlic and cheese.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a screw-top lid jar.
- Shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the beans from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.
- Stir and transfer to a serving dish.
- Toast the nuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts over the beans to garnish before serving.