Potatoes – 1/4 kg
Fresh butter beans or broad beans – 1/4 kg (seeds)
Onions – 3
Fresh curd – 1 1/2 cups
Salt – ta taste
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Grind together :
Coconut – 1/2
cashew nuts – 10
Poppy seeds – 2 tbsp
Green chillies – 7
1. Cut onions into long thin pieces.
2. Dice potaties into one inch square pieces and cook in pressure cooker along with butter beans using just ehough water to cover it.
3. Do not over cook. (if you are cooking in pressure cooker just cook till one whistle). Drain the water completely after cooking the vegetables. (use it for rasam or soup).
4. Grind the other ingredients with enough water.
5. Heat ghee and fry the onions till translucent.
6. Add the ground masala, cooked vegetables (without water) and whipped curd to it.
7. Add salt and boil it in a low flame.
8. Add garam masala powder just before removing from fire. Serve with puri or chappathi.
1. Dry butter bean seeds also can be used in the above recipe.
2. Soak it in water for 8 hours and then pressure cook separately.