Ragi Roti is a healthy breakfast dish from Karnataka. Ragi (Finger Millet in English or Kezhvaragu in Tamil) is an excellent source of Calcium and Fibre. And therefore it is very good for diabetics and kids.
Ragi Roti Recipe
Ingredients for Ragi Roti
- 2 cup Ragi Flour
- 1 Onion medium, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup Water adjust as required
- Oil as required
- Salt as per taste
- 3 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 2 tblsp Sesame Seed and Peanut Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 cup Coconut grated
How to make Ragi Roti
- Combine the ragi flour, onions, salt, green chillies, sesame peanut powder and red chilli powder in a bow.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Mix to a thick dough, adding little water if necessary.
- Make medium sized balls of the dough and roll them into rotis. You can also place them on a greased plastic sheet and flatten using your palm.
- Heat a nonstick tawa over medium flame.
- Cook the prepared rotis on both sides, adding oil around the edges.
- Serve hot with onion chutney or tomato chutney.
To make the sesame seed and peanut powder
- Dry roast 2 tblsp white sesame seeds and 2 tblsp raw peanuts in a pan.
- Grind to a coarse powder and use as required.