Shrimps – 125 gms, peeled
Oil – 1 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 1/2 tblsp, chopped
Garlic – 1, clove, peeled, crushed
Tomato – 1, small, peeled, deseeded, finely chopped
Cumin Powder – a small pinch
Lemon Juice – 3 to 4 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Filo Pastry – 3 to 4 sheets
Egg Yolk – 1
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix the crushed garlic with little water to make a paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the garlic paste, coriander leaves, salt, cumin powder and lemon juice.
4. Saute for a minute or two.
5. Reduce flame and add the tomatoes.
6. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Add the shrimps and cook for 3 more minutes.
8. Remove and cool.
9. Cut the pastry sheets in half.
10. Place a tablespoon of the shrimp mixture in the middle and fold the sheet from the sides.
11. Roll them to form a wrap, seal the edges and brush with egg yolks.
12. Heat oil in a large pan for deep frying.
13. Deep fry the shrimp patties until golden brown or for about 5 minutes.
14. Remove and drain excess oil.
15. Serve hot.
Note: You can either roll them into a wrap or into rounds.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.