Salads are a great way to showcase your creativity in cooking. It is also a great source of nutrients due to the various vegetables and meat used in it.
The Barbeque Chicken Salad is one such recipe where there is no one way to do it. Depending on the individual, you can add any vegetable of choice, mix it up with chicken and whip up a wonderfully delicious meal in just a matter of minutes.
This easy to make salad is a light and yummy dish made with grilled chicken mixed with barbeque sauce and tossed together with a choice of vegetables. While we have given some fabulous choices, feel free to mix and match as you see desire to your tummy’s content.
Enjoy this flavoursome salad anytime of the year.
Barbeque Chicken Salad Recipe
Ingredients for Barbeque Chicken Salad
- 250 g Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Cos Lettuce cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tomato cut into small pieces
- 1/4 Radish small, peeled, cubed
- 1/8 cup Mayonnaise
- 200 g Sweet Corn Kernels boiled, drained
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
How to make Barbeque Chicken Salad
- Grill or barbecue the chicken breast for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove and cool.
- Then cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Mix the chicken with 3/4th of the barbecue sauce in a bowl and keep aside.
- Mix the remaining barbecue sauce with the mayonnaise.
- Place some of the lettuce leaves on serving plates.
- Sprinkle the tomato, coriander leaves, radish and sweet corn kernels over it.
- Top with the barbecued chicken.
- Serve with the dressing on the side.