Mutton Boti Kebab is a popular starter dish where succulent lamb pieces are marinated and grilled in a tandoor or in an oven. Available in chicken and mutton variations, this is a great dish to start your meal – be it lunch or dinner.
Because it is easy to make, it is also a great appetizer dish for any party menu.
Mutton Boti Kebab
- 500 g Lamb / Mutton boneless pieces, chopped
- 1/4 cup Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Raw Papaya Paste
- 1/8 cup Hung Yogurt
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 cup Oil
- as required Butter
- as per taste Salt
- Combine the papaya paste, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Mix well and marinate the lamb in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the other ingredients except butter and marinate the lamb for 2 hours.
- Then skewer the lamb pieces and roast in an oven/grill/tandoor for 15 minutes.
- Remove and baste with butter.
- Roast again for 3 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot on a bed of salad and onion rings.