Insalata Caprese (classic Mozzarella Tomato Salad or simply Caprese Salad) is a simple fresh salad made with 3 ingredients – mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil.
A signature dish from the southern part of Italy and a staple of Italian cuisine, this is a versatile dish and takes very less time. So it is perfect for a quick bite on any busy day.
Insalata Caprese Recipe
Ingredients for Insalata Caprese
- 250 g Mozzarella Cheese
- 500 g Tomatoes
- handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- as per taste Salt
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
How to make Insalata Caprese
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4 inch rounds
- Slice the mozzarella into 1/4 inch rounds (just like the tomatoes).
- Arrange the tomato slices on a large serving plate.
- Place the mozzarella slices on top of the tomato and top it up with a basil leaf.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.